Interior Concrete Overlay Process
Metallic epoxy systems is fluid applied in a multi-coat process
with a primer coat, metallic body coats and topcoats. It
utilizes seamless epoxy floor coating.
1) Diamond grind any debris or contaminates from floor. Grind
floors to a 150 grit smooth finish. Grind floors to a flat
2) Shot blast floors in conjunction with concrete grinding to
remove any heavy coatings or break a hard trowel surface making
grinding process faster.
3) Grind all edges for a clean detailed finish to match the
field of floors. Detail along walls are important for that
quality job finish.
4) Saw cut designs into concrete. Any design can be created and
simply cut into floors to create that custom look. Saw cuts are
only for esthetics only. depth of saw cut is approximately 1/8"
5) Mask off all walls of surface to protect from over spray.
Stain the area you want with different colors to create that
custom look. Its almost like staining by numbers.
6.) Apply sealer once staining is complete. Apply two coats of either spray
applied or roll apply sealers.
7) Remove all paper and masking once sealer has dried. Apply
floor wax in some cases for ease of maintenance.
8. Three to five days later depending on type of staining
application the floor is complete creating that custom look that
you cannot create from any other type flooring.
The Finished Product